Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Power of RE:

Welcome to 2008. At the start of last year you made some resolutions-the things you wanted to achieve in 2007 and you have probably done the same for this year. My question though is; did you achieve all you set out to do in 2007? The answer is probably no and, therefore, I would like to give you some pointers on how to achieve your goals in 2008.

I believe in what i call the power of RE:

1. REFLECTION: Reflection is the ability to look back at the past with honest and objective self evaluation. Reflection allows you to celebrate your successes and failures as well. Celebrating failures because there are lessons that we would never have learnt if we had not failed.

2. REFOCUSING: Refocus on your goals. What is it that you want to achieve this year in line with your life vision. Most people never accomplish resolutions because they do have a deliberate plan for achieving them. Refocusing will help and energize your pursuit of destiny.

3. RECOMMITTING: Nothing can be accomplished without commitment. Commitment is the secret to success and you must decide NOW to be committed to your vision for life and committed to the goals that will lead you there.

These are just a few things that have helped me and am sure will do you some service in achieving your vision. I am so excited about this year and you will see me write a lot on leadership on this blog as well as other avenues. I invite you to tell your friends about this blog and the links I have especially New Zambia. Cho does a great job in provoking my thinking and I am sure you will discover the same.

To your success!

No comments: